Your Real Estate Professionals In Spain
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - Audi A8 2006 Daytime running lights wiring battery terminals

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
cosmoboyin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all,

I bought the daytime running lights from phillips for my 2006 A8 3.0 TDI and thinking to install these myself. My problem is I cannot find any battery terminals under the bonnet as the battery is in the boot. Where are these battery terminals hidden if any? If not at all under the bonnet, how can I or rather is it an easy job to run a spare wire from the battery through to the front?

I am stuck. Any help is appreciated.

Many thanks.
Bhanu.

Russell22dc
Inexperienced

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:21 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm unsure what your trying to do here ? You cannot wire the DRL directly to the battery, otherwise they will be illuminated constantly, even when you've locked the car up and walked away. They have to be wired into the ignition state when the car is running. They are also intelegent lights, as in, when you turn on your lights for night driving, the DRL's dim down. They also dim when your indicating, depending on the side. So, if the wiring is not there for these DRL's, your going to have one hell of a job doing it.
Good luck though.

silverd2
Needs to get out more

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:17 am Reply with quote Back to top

cosmoboyin wrote:
Hi all,

I bought the daytime running lights from phillips for my 2006 A8 3.0 TDI and thinking to install these myself. My problem is I cannot find any battery terminals under the bonnet as the battery is in the boot. Where are these battery terminals hidden if any? If not at all under the bonnet, how can I or rather is it an easy job to run a spare wire from the battery through to the front?

Many thanks.
Bhanu.

After reading your post, I would highly recommend just paying someone who understands car wiring to do this for you.

Russell22dc
Inexperienced

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:17 am Reply with quote Back to top

silverd2 wrote:
cosmoboyin wrote:
Hi all,

Many thanks.
Bhanu.

After reading your post, I would highly recommend just paying someone who understands car wiring to do this for you.

I agree

Russell22dc
Inexperienced

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:19 am Reply with quote Back to top

silverd2 wrote:
cosmoboyin wrote:
Hi all,

Many thanks.
Bhanu.

I agree

View next topic
View previous topic