Your Real Estate Professionals In Spain
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - A8 D2 2.8 ACK 30 valve missfire with climate control disco

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
zed_thirteen
Inexperienced

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone had this problem?

My car misfires when accelerating under 2000 rpm. When it misfires the lights on the climate control flicker.

It does this when I'm accelerating and when the cruise control is accelerating. (not sure if there's any difference)

I've changed the engine ECU and carried out throttle adaptation and the problem still persists. No fault codes in the engine ECU.

Doesn't seem anywhere near as prominent above 2000 rpm.

here's a short video. Sadly you can hardly hear the engine to spot the misfiring.
http://youtu.be/ukGwTQkaFZ4

Anyone know what could cause this? I suspected it might be a dodgy throttle position sensor but I can't explain how that would cause lights on climate control to flash randomly?

zed_thirteen
Inexperienced

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I think I may have sorted this as I have now had two full days without a misfire Very Happy

Whilst searching for clues I looked to the ignition and found some of the sparkplug caps were drenched in oil.

It seems that the valve cover gaskets have failed and oil was leaking into the sparkplug recesses and causing HT to track through the oil rather than to the chamber.

I replaced both sets of valve cover gaskets and the oil breather pipes. Also gave the car a service and treated it to some new plugs.

Strange that the misfire causes the climate control lights to flicker though?

Matt-Matt
Camped on the site

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:09 am Reply with quote Back to top

zed_thirteen wrote:
I think I may have sorted this as I have now had two full days without a misfire Very Happy

Whilst searching for clues I looked to the ignition and found some of the sparkplug caps were drenched in oil.

It seems that the valve cover gaskets have failed and oil was leaking into the sparkplug recesses and causing HT to track through the oil rather than to the chamber.

I replaced both sets of valve cover gaskets and the oil breather pipes. Also gave the car a service and treated it to some new plugs.

Strange that the misfire causes the climate control lights to flicker though?

Loss of power somewhere down the road? Anyway glad to see that you got it sorted! Smile

View next topic
View previous topic